Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Unknown" 2011

Since this is our last blog post of the semester, I decided to stray from the artist list in our text and just go with an artist I know I enjoy. (David Walker is definitely one of my favorite artists) He challenges the concepts of fine art through his beautiful graffiti/photo realistic style and he paints on canvas and in public places. This is one of his more recent pieces which I love! I have just always been drawn to the layering of color and the splatter patterns. He doesn't use paint brushes or any tools but for spray paint. His figures remind me of angels. The scale of his work is also captivating, most f the public domain works he creates are on the sides of buildings or store fronts, this "Unknown" 2011 painting is on canvas, but it too clears 5 feet in height.

No comments:

Post a Comment